- Opportunities to work at high levels of sport.
- Notification of relevant upcoming practical courses around the country.
- Invitation to the annual Provincial and National Conferences.
- Take our signature course; Advanced Sport Massage Therapy Techniques.
- Notification of Chapter Symposiums or Special Events.
- Access to recommended reading resources and programs, relevant to a sport massage therapy career.
- Free, informal ½ day workshop/course/conferring/topical Q&A’s (Ontario only)
- Exposure to other sport healthcare professionals such as; sport massage therapists, Athletic Therapists, Sport Physiotherapists, Sport Chiropractors and Sport Medicine Doctors.
- Notification of Event opportunities to work and learn alongside other sport healthcare professionals.
- Access to Members only social media for real time Q & A’s and support.
- Get partnered with a current Certified Sport Massage Therapist. (Mentor)
- Your Mentor guides you through the certification process.
- Improve and add to your knowledge and skill set.
- Learn in a supportive environment.
- Leadership: A Mentor will share their experiences to help you better prepare for your career as a Certified Sport Massage Therapist (C)
- Opportunity to be selected for the core medical team for major games such as; Olympics/Paralympics, Major International Games and other Championships in Canada and abroad.
- Opportunity to obtain the nationally recognized designation of Certified Sport Massage Therapist – SMT(C)
- Volunteer with Chapter or National levels as a committee member, Chair or Executive.
- Take part in the shaping and growth of the CSMTA by attending AGM’s.
- Help drive the CSMTA forward and increase our reach by promoting awareness of our vision and mission.
- Volunteer at sport events to ensure proper care of athletes.
- Promote the validity, knowledge and need for Sport Massage Therapist within the sporting community.
- Advocate for the Sport Massage Therapists’ rightful position alongside other sport specialized healthcare professionals.